Sunday, January 10, 2010

Q&A Time, Part One

I was inspired to make a Q&A post after talking with one of my roomies. Specifically, we were talking about what question you would ask of your favorite writer, and the question posed was so out of left field that I stole it to use as a blog entry:

What do you do first thing in the morning?

My answer, it turns out, is somewhat conditional depending on what day it is. As I've stated before, I don't make a living off my writing just yet, so I wake up Monday through Friday knowing that I'll be trudging off to my day job. On those days, I generally wake up (grudgingly) to a warm shower and jump online for a handful of minutes before I make my morning commute to work. In the time I'm online, I generally make a habit of checking weather first (because SoCal isn't always sunny these days) before moving on to email, Facebook, and my favorite forums. Rarely will I make a reply at this hour, but I'll always check to see who's posted what. I'll even spare a moment to glance over the news items on my home page.

The exception to the above is Wednesday, when I generally have a chance to sleep in an extra hour before heading off to meet with my personal champion, BD, and our tight-knit group of creative minds. Without BD and her support, I may never have achieved the focus required to create the trilogy I'm currently working on.

Weekends, of course, are wildly varied depending on what happened the night before, but generally I sleep in (because I believe dreams are an important way of resolving any problems you may be facing with characters or plot) and wake to either a good book or some quality writing time with my laptop. And, of course, there's the requisite online time to check my usual morning sites, though I'm usually quicker to reply over the weekends.

And there you have it, my early morning routine... such as it is, since I'm very much not a morning person.

Do you have a question for me that you'd like answered here in my blog? Click on the comments link below and submit your query. Each question will be answered in its own post to the best of my ability. Be warned, though, I tend to be cryptic when it comes to the specific details of my trilogy. Gotta protect my property, you understand. That caveat aside, though, ask away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writers love feedback on their work! Constructive criticism, comments and questions are always welcome, just keep it clean for the kids!