Friday, May 6, 2011

I Surrender!

So, I'm finally on Goodreads. I know, it took me long enough, but allow me to offer an explanation as to why I was so resistant for so long.

As surprising as it may seem for a technologically savvy guy like me, it takes me damn near forever to get with the program. I was just getting on MySpace when everyone was switching to Facebook as the social network of choice. I only got on LinkedIn and Twitter last year, and those were work-related decisions. If it seems like I'm consistently behind the curve when it comes to what all the cool kids are doing online, it's because I really am.

Goodreads was no exception. I know a few authors on there whose blogs I read and whose work I respect, and I think to myself: "Self, you can't even keep track of your blog in a timely manner, how do you think you're going to have time to give reviews of all those books you've read, too?" Then I started this crusade to self-publish a small anthology of my short stories, and took a closer look at all the avenues available to me as a means of promoting my anthology. I have my loyal followers here on my blog, and on Facebook and Twitter, but I want to reach people who might not know me or my work.

Thus, I finally started listening to the people telling me I should be on Goodreads and actually made an account for myself.

My profile is still young, but it'll grow as I get to know the site better and load up on books I've read. I also look forward to upgrading it to an author account once my anthology is up on Kindle! I just hope I can keep up with this AND all the other sites I'm juggling AND do my rewrite AND...

Oh, before I forget, here's my profile so you can hunt me down and see what I'm reading and what I've read!



R. B. LeMoyne's Favorites


Ecstasy: Understanding the Psychology of JoyIn Northern TwilightThe GuildElephant Games: And Other Playful Poems to PerformLet Me Be...the Boss: Poems for Kids to PerformThe Gooch Machine: Poems for Young People to Perform

More of R. B.'s books »
R. B. LeMoyne's favorites book recommendations, reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

No comments:

Post a Comment

Writers love feedback on their work! Constructive criticism, comments and questions are always welcome, just keep it clean for the kids!